Saturday, November 7, 2009

it's all relative

This is Jess here, blogging from Minneapolis. It's officially been a month since I packed everything up, said a tearful goodbye to sunshine, and courageously crossed the threshold that I swore I would never return to-- The Great White North.

On that early October day that I successfully made it to Minneapolis, the weather was a crisp 49 degrees. Considering it was around 80 when I left, it was a bit of a challenge. I remember complaining profusely of how cold and windy it was, and received rolled eyes as a response-- not a lot of sympathy here. The common response is "just wait until January". The following day it snowed 5 inches, much to my chagrin. Did I mention that I had discarded all winter clothing two years ago and only had sneakers for "proper footwear"?

Fast forward a month, and when one of my Florida friends this week commented how they were finally getting a break from the intense heat in Jacksonville, I responded by saying how it was 49 degrees and felt so nice! Today it is 62 degrees and sunny, and I'm going to spend every minute I can out there. With winter coming...you have to fully enjoy those "warm" days when they come! Like I said...it's all relative. So wherever you are, make sure you enjoy the sunshine when you get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment